List:       klyx
Subject:    Customize layouts
From:       Pascal Francq <pfrancq () ulb ! ac ! be>
Date:       2000-02-03 9:29:14

Hi,
I have to write a paper for each the style has several differences with
standard Latex/KLyx style. I suppose the best think to do is to create a new
layout, but I haven't any experience with KLyx, so I have a list of "How-To".

1°) The unique font used in the paper has to be "Times". When I have good
understand, if I choose Times in Layout->Document, automatically when I use
"Roman", it's Times in Reality. Is that correct?

2°) In the title, the date mustn't appear. How is the best way to do it?

3°) The Standard font has to be 11 pt, but for the different headings, I have
to use 12 (or 10 for the Abstract). But in the configuration, I see only "huge,
small,...". How can I use directly the size?

4°) Between paragraphs, a space line must exist. It is a way to automize it?

5°) For example, for the "section" part, I must have a space of 12pt between
the title and the preeceding section, and a space of 3 pt between the title and
the text following it. When I use "TopSep" and "BottomSep" can I then idicate
space in pt?

6°) There must be no page number. How can I change the default page number to
appear?

7°) The first line of each bibliographical reference must be justified to the
left of the page and the rest of the entry shuld be indented by 0.35 cm. How to
to create such a style?

8°) How to change the sytle of the font use for caption and footnotes?

9°) The horizontal line separating the text from the footnoe must be 5cm
length. Can I configure this?

I know, there are many questions, but I hope that someone can help me.
Thank you.
--

Ir. Pascal Francq
Researcher