List:       klyx
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Re: changing dvi and ps viewers
From:       Thomas Campitelli <campitel () geosc ! psu ! edu>
Date:       1999-11-19 23:32:06

> Just went back and removed lyxrc from $KDEDIR/share/apps/klyx.  Doesn't
> make any difference.  Apparently klyx doesn't even read this file.

I was intrigued by your problem, so I sat down and tried to figure it
out. First, you do not need to be root to change the file that will
solve your problem. In fact, I recommend against becoming root and
altering any of the global files when you don't have to.  However, that
is just a personal preference.

Now I will get to the point:

Go to the directory /home/yourname/.kde/share/apps/klyx/.  Where
"yourname" is, well, your user name.  Find the lyxrc.defaults file.
There is a warning not to modify it.  I ignored it.  Type the following
command in the file and save:

\view_dvi_command xdvi

Now KLyX uses xdvi for me. Give it a try and see how it works.  Take
care.

Tom Campitelli