List:       klyx
Subject:    Re: questions
From:       Mathieu Marache <marache () cstb ! fr>
Date:       1999-11-16 8:47:39

Hi

Brian Larsen wrote:

> okay im new to the list so im not sure on the proper etiquette so forgive
> me.

Anyway, nobody seems to be answering on this mailing list, so I'll throw
in my 0.02 euro contribution ;)

> Anyway im new to the klyx system and it is fantastic, i will never code in
> latex again.  Anyway i cant figure out a few features if anyone can give
> me a hand.
>
> equation numbering

This is available in article (AMS sequential numbering) document style.
I saw it there...

> figure numbering (i notice its automatic like TOC but i can get TOC to
> work)

I had problems with this one. This is how I got through : insert a
figure float, this will give you a red box with a caption inside, hit
enter, your cursor will stay inside the box but one line atop the
caption. Now insert a figure, next modify the caption and your done...

Don't forget to change the float placement rule in the Document menu to
"htbp", which means : first try Here then Top of the page then Bottom of
the page then one full Page...

Also these figures won't appear in TOC but in list of figures...

> AIP (american institute of physics) styles/classes {i cant seem to get
> them loaded}

you need to make some layouts for those to have them in Klyx (the same
as in lyx).

Have a look in /usr/share/apps/klyx/layouts for some samples. Take one,
maybe amsart.layout, and copy it to your ~/.kde/share/apps/klyx/layouts
, then rename it and modify it to use your classes (they must be
accessible by LaTeX).

Finally you need to make Klyx reconfigure itself (menu
Options/Reconfigure) and restarted to make changes visible.

Try to  start Klyx within an shell to see any error output...

HTH

--
Mathieu Marache  | Centre Scientifique & | +33 (0)4 93957 807
marache@cstb.fr  | Technique du Batiment | http://www.cstb.fr