List:       klyx
Subject:    Re: Klyx cannot find Qt
From:       Mats =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sv=E4rdsudd?= <dvlmsd () cs ! umu ! se>
Date:       1999-11-04 17:19:53

Adrian Dimulescu wrote:

> Hi, I've been trying to instal Klyx for some time but
> I don't seem to be able to make it believe that I *do*
> have QT 1.44 installed. The configure script just
> keeps saying QT libraries and headers (>=1.42 and
> <2.00) not found. I even tried those
> --with-qt-libraries and headers options and it didn't
> work either. If it makes any difference, I installed
> my QT 1.44 in /usr/local/qt, i mentioned
> /usr/local/qt/lib in ld.so.conf and ran ldconfig, I
> have set the QTDIR properly (at least that's whata I
> think).
>  I did not notice any option that would make configure
> skip checking QT.
>   Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> =====

I had the same problem. I have RedHat 6.1 with KDE installed
so I knew the Qt libs were installed, yet the configure script
said it couldn't find it. Adding the "--with-qt-libraries"
switch didn't help.

After trying just about everything I could think of I tried:

./configure --with-qt-dir /usr/lib/qt-1.44

This made the configure script happy and everything compiled
as it should. I don't know why the "--with-qt-libraries"
switch doesn't work, in my opinion it should...

Hope this helps!