List:       klyx
Subject:    Re: KLyx based on Lyx 1.x?
From:       Reinhard Borek <borek () physik ! uni-halle ! de>
Date:       1999-08-27 12:17:50

Hi,
look at
http://www.lyx.org/klyx.shtml

"... KLyX is considered to be a temporary version of LyX, and at some
point in time the normal LyX will make KLyX obsolete. Before this
happens (it could be a long time), please check out KLyX and decide
for yourself which version you prefer. As of the 17th of September
1998, KLyX is still beta, while LyX is stable. ..."

I think it is better to use Lyx. KLyx is not under development. In
the future Lyx becomes independent of desktops (KDE, Gnome, XWin).

at Fri, 27 Aug 1999 Alexander Astaras wrote:
> does anyone know if and when KLyx will be catching up with the
> latest Lyx versions? (complete compatibility with LaTeX documents
> being my primary concern...)

greetings, Reinhard
--
borek@physik.uni-halle.de