List:       klyx
Subject:    Re: Bibtex support for Klyx
From:       Reinhard Borek <borek () physik ! uni-halle ! de>
Date:       1999-08-20 6:40:24

at Thu, 19 Aug 1999 Gavin Pollock wrote:
> Hi,
> I need to use BibTex in a paper I am writing. Is there support for
> it through KLyX?
Yes, KLyX support BibTex. Look at the help document 'Extended Lyx
Features' 1.3 Preparing a Bibliography with BibTex (or similar, I use
Lyx 1.0.4pre4) or at the archive of the Lyx user's list at
http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/
What is to do:
1. Make a directory for bib-files, for example: ~/doc/bib
2. Copy your bib-file in this directory
3. Set the LaTex environment variables BIBINPUTS (!),
perhaps also BSTINPUTS, TEXINPUTS, corretly in the file texmf.cnf
(or similar, I use TeTex on Debian, texmf.cnf is in /etc/texmf), for
example:
% BibTeX bibliographies and style files.
BIBINPUTS = .:/home/borek/doc/bib:$TEXMF/bibtex/{bib,}//
BSTINPUTS = .:/usr/local/lib/texmf/bibtex/bst:$TEXMF/bibtex/{bst,}//
4. Accepted, your lyc-file is in ~/doc/work, create in this directory
a symlink to the bib-file in ~/doc/bib, thus (K)Lyc can find the
bib-file.
5. In (K)Lyx, go to the end of your file and ... look at the help
document.
Much success!

> Or must I do it through straight Lyx.
KLyx based on a very old version of Lyx 0.12. Lyx is now available in
the version 1.0.4. Look at
http://www.lyx.org/

Reinhard
--