List:       klyx
Subject:    Re: what to do?
From:       Jochen Kuepper <jochen () uni-duesseldorf ! de>
Date:       1999-03-05 12:42:59

On Don, 04 Mär 1999 Chris Watana wrote:
>> Can anybody here switch to 0.9.9 to provide some more feedback on that
>> version.
>
>I've managed to compile klyx 0.9.9 using egcs 1.1b on kde 1.1 and redhat
>5.1.

Intel, I guess ?
What binutils ? (as -v gives you the number)
Have you compiled egcs / Qt /KDEE yourself ? If not, where did you get the
binaries ?

>However there's no scrollbar for the combo box that allows you to change
>paragraph environment, but a couple of days ago it did appear for about 1
>second. I haven't been able to reproduce this again.

I will look into that as soon I can build klyx from cvs again :-(

>klyx has crashed a few times. I still have the core dump file. If someone
>tell me what info you need to fix it, I'll happily provide it. Again, I
>can't replicate these crashes as they tend to occur at random. For
>example, it's crashed when:
>  I pressed Ctrl V, drag the vertical scroll bar, selected an option of
>  a menu etc.

Can you build klyx with debug information and try to crash it when run within
gdb. Then get a backtrace by typing 'bt' and send it here.

>Hope this is of some use

Me too.

Greetings,
Jochen
  Jochen Küpper

  Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf     jochen@uni-duesseldorf.de
  Institut für Physikalische Chemie I
  Universitätsstr. 1, Geb 26.43 Raum 02.29     phone ++49-211-8113681
  40225 Düsseldorf                             fax   ++49-211-8115195
  Germany             http://www-public.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de/~jochen