List:       klyx
Subject:    RE: help for klyx
From:       Christopher Sawtell <csawtell () xtra ! co ! nz>
Date:       1999-02-15 23:24:20

On 15-Feb-99 Gunnar Brehme wrote:
> I installed Linux successfully with SuSe 6.0. All old components were
> replaced by
> new. Under SuSe 5.3 I could write both with Lyx and with KLyx. Now it is
> not possible to start KLyx (command not found...), only Lyx. I installed
> the KDE package completely (as indicated). What do I have to do, in
> order to make KLyx again executable?
>
> Best thanks and many greetings
> Gunnar Brehme (gunnar.brehme@fal.de)

It would seem that either SuSe have changed the dir. which contains the KLyX
executable file, or the PATH statement in your .bash_profile ( or whatever )
startup file has been changed by the installation process of SuSe 6.0.

Anyway, you have to find out where the KLyX executable file is placed.

You also have to have the name of the Qt base directory defined.

Then you just have to add the name of the directory to you PATH statement in
your startup file.

Mine looks something like this:

PATH="/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/kde/bin:"
PATH="$PATH:/usr/local/enlightenment/bin:/home/chris/jikesos/jt/bin:${HOME}/Wing
z3/bin"
PATH="$PATH:/usr/local/sbin:$HOME/rvplayer5.0:/usr/local/xmgr/bin"
PATH="$PATH:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/games"
PATH="$PATH:/usr/local/games:/usr/local/netscape:."

QTDIR=/usr/local/qt
KDEDIR=/usr/local/kde
KDEBASE=$KDEDIR
PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH

ok?

Now please could you tell me if SuSe has English documentation and install
instructions on the CD-ROM?

Sincerely etc.,

--
NAME  Christopher Sawtell
SNAIL 215 Ollivier's Road, Linwood, Christchurch, 8001. N.Z.