List:       klyx
Subject:    Re: i18n handling ?
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () itm ! mu-luebeck ! de>
Date:       1999-01-18 12:23:31

> Hi,
>
> I am wondering how we are handling the translations with _KLyX_. Are these done
> by a translation team ?
> Specifically I am wondering what to do before checkin. I changed/added some i18n
> Strings in the code. Shall I recreate the krot.pot and *.po files ?
> Shall I update the *.po files (translations) I can handle ?

If you change code and/or add texts, that's no problem at all. Whenever
a snapshot of klyx is generated, it runs make -f Makefile.am messages
before and as such creates a new .pot file and updates the po files.

But of course you're welcome to update the translations in languages
you know :)

Otherwise klyx becomes an entry on www.kde.org/i18n.highscore and there
you can see how many untranslated strings are left and hopefully one of
the translation team takes care.

Greetings, Stephan

--
Stephan Kulow (coolo@kde.org)