List:       klyx
Subject:    Re: LyX and KLyX mailing lists
From:       Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <Jean-Marc.Lasgouttes () inria ! fr>
Date:       1998-12-07 13:05:13

>>>>> "Jochen" == Jochen Kuepper <jochen@uni-duesseldorf.de> writes:

Jochen> Dear All, After discussions on the klyx ml and with private
Jochen> mails with some persons (mostly C.S.) I would like to suggest
Jochen> a restructuring of mailing lists:

Jochen> 1.) Split the KLyX list into two : klyx-users and klyx-devel
Jochen> 2.) Make lyx-users and klyx-users one list, best would be if
Jochen> it is accesible on both accounts.

Jochen> Looking through the ml archives, almost all user-messages are
Jochen> usefull to both programs or are actually just duplicates of
Jochen> each other, so why not make it one list, probably with a
Jochen> keyword in the subject line to mark to what address it was
Jochen> send ( like a [LyX] or [KLyX] added in front of the authors
Jochen> subject ), inserted by the ml robot.

Jochen> With lyx-0.13 making prograss and KLyX getting
Jochen> back-integrated, we could join devel lists back as well at
Jochen> some point :-)

Jochen> What do you think on that ?

This looks like a good idea. We've been trying to move the list
lyx-users@kde.org to lyx-users@lists.lyx.org recently, but it seems
that Mate Mate Wierdl (our mailing list maintainer, which I added to
Cc:) has problems communicating with Martin Konold about that, so the
move has been on hold.

I think we could move all the lists under lists.lyx.rg, if Mate has
enough space/bandwidth available for that.

JMarc