List:       klyx
Subject:    compilation problems, and location of list archives
From:       johnjohn () triceratops ! com
Date:       1998-10-26 4:30:04

1) Generally when joining a list for the purpose of asking a question,
   I try the list archives first.  But I've been unable to find a
   reference to them, if they exist.  Do they?  If so, where?

2) My problem installing kLyX:

It's actually at the ./configure stage.  I was briefly hung up until
I realized I needed to install the qt development libraries, which
I did.  However, I get the following error, also while running
./configure:

checking for KDE paths... problems
configure: error: configure can not run a little KDE program to test the environment.
Look at config.log for details. If you are not able to fix this, please contact \
Stephan Kulow <coolo@kde.org>.

the relevant contents of config.log:
configure:3427: /bin/sh ./libtool --mode=link g++ -o conftest -O2 -Wall -I/opt/k
de/include -I/usr/lib/qt/include   -s -L/opt/kde/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib conftest.C
  -lkdecore -lqt -lXext -lX11  -rpath /opt/kde/lib 1>&5
g++ -o conftest -O2 -Wall -I/opt/kde/include -I/usr/lib/qt/include -s -L/opt/kde
/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib conftest.C -lkdecore -lqt -lXext -lX11 -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/op
t/kde/lib
/opt/kde/lib/libkdecore.so: undefined reference to `QPushButton virtual table'
/opt/kde/lib/libkdecore.so: undefined reference to `QPushButton::QPaintDevice vi
rtual table'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

To me this almost looks like the location of the qt libraries and headers
aren't being found, but earlier on in the same ./configure run, they were:

checking for QT... libraries /usr/lib, headers /usr/lib/qt/include

I'm using egcs-1.1b as my g++, if that makes any difference...

Any ideas, similar experiences?

--
John White
Triceratops Admin