List:       klyx
Subject:    QT/Broken RPM/Compiling
From:       Wolfgang Viechtbauer <wolf () cube ! ice ! net>
Date:       1998-10-20 0:23:13

Okay, just want to let the people who responded to my
questions know that I have KLyx running on my machine
now. The reason why the configure process was unable
to locate the headers for qt was simple ... I didn't
have the qt - devel package installed. However, I was
fed up with compiling the thing by that time anyway.
I finally found a working binary RPM file on a mirror
in ITALY !!! On most mirrors and the official ftp site,
the klyx-0_9_8a-fl3_i386.rpm file is broken (it has a
size of 0 bytes). However, that one ftp server in
Italy has a working version. Unfortunately, downloading
that file from the US took over 5 hours, because it was
an "oversea" download and the ftp server was sooooooo
slow. But it worked, and I installed it ... and it
runs fine now. Thanks again for all the help. Maybe
somebody could look into that broken rpm issue. I might
not be the only one that is rather clueless when it
comes to compiling programs.

--
Wolfgang Viechtbauer --- wolf@mail.ice.net