List:       klyx
Subject:    Re: X Includes, Qt includes
From:       "l.widdershoven" <pph128 () aix ! zam ! kfa-juelich ! de>
Date:       1998-10-19 10:19:18

Hi Wolfgang,

At my system, X inlcudes are found in /usr/X11R6/include (this is the
path which klyx configure found here). Contents of this dir is most
importantly the X11 dir, in which (amongst others) the file Xatom.h
is present.
I think, that if you want to know whether or not you have the X includes
installed, you should "locate Xatom.h" or otherwise find it.
A small reminder: X header files are in the xdevel package
(probably something like xdevel-3.3.1-14.rpm). It is _not_ installed
togerther with the X server, since it is only for people who want to
compile X stuff themselves.

Concerning Qt 1.4, that's what I used to compile klyx. The configure
entry points to /usr/local/qt and the important directory in there
is include/, in which for example the file qapp.h lives. Some installations
put the qt dir in /usr/X11R6/lib/qt/. You could look there.
Again, I believe that the Qt includes come with the Qt devel rpm,
as an addition on the "standard" compiled Qt binaries rpm.
I don't know that for sure; I compiled Qt myself and in the generic
source package (tar) everything is incorporated.

With best regards,
Leon