List:       klyx
Subject:    Re: logo at startup
From:       Kalle Dalheimer <kalle () dalheimer ! de>
Date:       1998-09-10 19:51:41

Jochen Kuepper:
>On Thu, 10 Sep 1998 Kalle Dalheimer wrote:
>>Edwin Leuven:
>
>>>Is there a way to get rid of the annoying splash screen at startup?
>
>>Start with --no-splash.
>
>>And never again call my splash screen annoying... :-)
>
>Kalle,
>what I actually find annoying, is that it always pops up (down :-?) behind the
>app window for me :-)
>I would like it, if it would be on top of the main window. Didn't look into,
>though. Probably we just need to make it a child of mainwindow, e.g. ?

It's created before the main window, thus it cannot be a child of it. I wish I
could get it in the foreground, but I don't know how.

Kalle

>Greetings,
>Jochen
>  Jochen K"upper
>
>  Heinrich-Heine-Universit"at D"usseldorf   jochen@uni-duesseldorf.de
>  Institut f"ur Physikalische Chemie I
>  Universit"atsstr. 1, Geb 26.43 Raum 02.29    phone ++49-211-8113681
>  40225 D"usseldorf                            fax   ++49-211-8115195
>  Germany             http://www-public.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de/~jochen
Kalle Dalheimer              Contract programming for Unix
kalle@dalheimer.de           Technical writing
kalle@kde.org                Technical editing
kalle@oreilly.de             KDE Developer (MFCH)
mdalheimer@acm.org           It's open, it's source, it runs - must be KDE!