List:       klik-devel
Subject:    [klik-devel] IMPORTANT: fakechroot issues summary of current
From:       "Jason Taylor" <killerkiwi2005 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-02-29 2:48:17

Ok Linoel is away at the moment but I thought I'd summarise where we are at.

We are currently using fakechroot to chroot our process to the mount
point... this works but is not going to be a complete fix as far as I
can tell.

The main issue is ld-linux.so.2 is the calling process so will NOT use
the LD_PRELOAD library

The result is python modules will not load and certain calls escape
(see opera issue
http://code.google.com/p/klikclient/issues/detail?id=159)

Where do we go from here..... ?
http://klik.atekon.de/wiki/index.php/Virtualization_Options

CLONE_NEWNS, can we merge this with our existing fusioniso? (I'm not
really sure how this one works, will it have the same limitations
without touching glibc ?)

PLASH / Plasticfs, requires a replacement glibc

Anybody have any opinions on this?

Jason Taylor

--
"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless
interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull