List:       klik-devel
Subject:    Re: [klik-devel] Report on Mandriva 2008.0
From:       Lionel Tricon <lionel.tricon () free ! fr>
Date:       2008-02-03 16:47:47

On Monday 28 January 2008 21:51:15 José Jorge wrote:
> I installed klik2 on my mandriva system. Here are the problems:
>
> First time : klik get xvier failed with the error at the end of this
> message.
> Tried a second time, it worked a bit more : I could accept to download
> xvier, then it keeps forever compressing the application image, but
> nothing is done. Maybe I miss a lib?
>
> José

Hello José,

Well, xvier fails under Mandriva but also under Fedora (even if you try to run
the binary outside klik2 ...).

To have a working klik2 under Mandriva, you need to (quick and dirty howto) :
- install manually the fuse and libfuse2 packages
- replace the fuseiso binary (static version) with the fuseiso.dyn
(dynamically linked) version
- Edit the /etc/udev/rules.d/99-fuse.rules file to change permissions
of /dev/fuse device at bootlevel : KERNEL=="fuse", NAME="%k",
MODE="0666",OWNER="root",GROUP="fuse"
- change right permission of /bin/fusermount to 4755 if it's not already the
case

In short, with a dynamically linked fuseiso binary, we use the real libfuse
library where the path of fusermount is statically linked. Our own patched
version select the first fusermount found in the path.

After, you can use klik as usual.

Here are the result of my tests (just launch the application ; no deep
testing) :

Opera
Success
To run opera, you need to install dash before (see issue 159) and then type
the following :
$ klik opera
$ klik shell ~/Bureau/opera_9.50-20071024.6.cmg
klik$ dash /usr/bin/opera

Skype
Success

Textmaker
Not tested
Package textmaker unavailable .....

glade-3
Success

gobby
Success
Need to install gnome before as requested but works

grisbi
Success

gtklp
Success

hardinfo
Success

htmldoc
Success

kdissert
Success

wireshark
Success
Need to add ${FAKECHROOT_BASE}/usr/bin/wireshark in front of LD_LIBRARY_PATH
before running it

xchat
Success

xpp
Seems ok but got (popup)
"Unable to connect to CUPS server, check options".

xvier
Failure
error : "xvier_prog read failed: Success"

Lionel