List:       klik-devel
Subject:    Re: [klik-devel] Tighter security + remove wrapper
From:       Kurt Pfeifle <k1pfeifle () gmx ! net>
Date:       2007-12-07 10:18:04

Jason Taylor wrote:

> Tighter Security
>
> We could check the recipe signature before executing the cmg...  This
> would prevent any application that is does not have trusted signed
> recipe from being executable.  I think a lot of people would like
> this. It could be an adjustable setting

Nice. Yes.

> Wrapper Script
>
> We don't actually use this any more.  All the info we need is in the
> recipe, I'd like to put forward the idea of removing it entirely

I'd like to keep the option to run an embedded wrapper -- *if* it
exists.

I can envision situations and special cases where we might need to use
a modified/customized wrapper, and ship it inside the recipe.

--
Kurt Pfeifle
System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS