List:       klik-devel
Subject:    Re: [klik-devel] Kubuntu live CD
From:       "Fabian Franz" <FabianFranz () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-11-16 2:36:44

> I tried setting the KDEDIRS variable.. it seems to have no effect on
> the paths returned

Well, what I meant was:

Create /home/user/klik/kubuntu_workaround/share/config/kdeglobals with a \
new dir_mime path.

And it works! ;-)

Like:

$ cat /home/user/klik/kubuntu_workaround/share/config/kdeglobals

[Directories]
dir_mime=/home/user/klik/kubuntu_workaround/mimelnk

$ KDEDIR="$HOME/klik/kubuntu_workaround/" kde-config --path mime

The config file is needed so that the path is attached at the end, because \
else /home/user/klik/kubuntu_workaround/mimelnk would be in the middle of \
all.

More inforamtion also on different resource types (apps, config, mime, ...) \
can be found on:

http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/kiosk/index.html

Here you also find the information that the path of the excutable being run \
is used (which creates the problem).

I think it should be possible to even do on that kubuntu live CD:

$ cat /home/user/klik/kubuntu_workaround/share/config/kdeglobals

[Directories]
dir_mime=/usr/share/mimelnk

$ KDEDIRS="${KDEDIRS}:$HOME/klik/kubuntu_workaround/" kde-config --path \
mime

cu

Fabian