List:       klik-devel
Subject:    Re: [klik-devel] recipe file format
From:       "Alexey Eremenko" <al4321 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-04-23 2:55:11

On 4/22/07, lionel.tricon@free.fr <lionel.tricon@free.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Did someone have any news about the recipe file definition ? Since we can borrow
> large part of the rox file format and that we have some ideas on how we want to
> use it (consequentlty, how to modify it to fit our need), it appears to me that
> i could be very easy to specify an almost final version in few days if we really
> want to. It could be a good way to re-inject enthusiasm into this project since
> a lot a things are based on the availability of this file format.
>
> Lionel

1. I don't really ever heard of the rox format.

2. If we building new recipe file, it would be good to make it
compatible with several klik-clients (normal/FUSE/etc...) and a new
feature that I would like to see is "source recipe" - that is a file
that downloads upstream source code, and then builds on the target
machine, similar to ArchLinux (and maybe Gentoo).
The latter will give more flexibility to klik.

--
-Alexey Eremenko "Technologov"