List:       klik-devel
Subject:    [klik-devel] fusecram now part of the klikutils bundle
From:       Lionel Tricon <lionel.tricon () free ! fr>
Date:       2007-03-31 12:09:51

Hello,

Some news about klikutils :
- fusecram is now available inside the bundle so you can use both isofs/cramfs
cmg files now
- both fuseiso and fusecram share now the same source code which is much more
modular that the old one i wrote - that should ease the development and
maintenance since, except the code wrote by Dmitry, all the rest is common
(klikutils-fuse-20070331.tgz available on my web site)
- i use now pidof into the wrapper script to check if the application is
running since i faced some troubles with the use of the use_ino option with
fuse (strange crash with OOo even if it works for all others applications)
- and i remember that now klikutils is relocatable, can redirect writes (need
to be testing more intensively), use actually a single xml configuration file
and need only the fuse module to be running (the libfuse is hard linked)
- all wrapper* files located into the /opt/klikutils/sh directory appears
automaticaly at the root of the mount cmg file ; i can hide them since you
still access files even if they are not listed into a directory (i just need
to comment some lines into the source code)

You would find some cmg files (both iso/cram)  on
http://lionel.tricon.free.fr/KLIK if you want to test it. Wiki pages are up
to date.

Now that this solution is working (at least for me, on my own plateform),
maybe it could be interresting to determine what should be done now and who
can do the job. A roadmap could be a good idea.

I think mainly about :
- xml file format (the row file format seems promising)
- Thumbnails / Icons (Fabianx seems to have produced a part of the job to
extract the image from the cmg file)
- display metadata of a cmg file (we only need to extract the xml file and
integrate date into kde/gnome)
- test mountlo to redirect writes into an iso file thanks to fuse

Even if an another virtualization option appears in the futur to be a better
solution that this one based exclusively on fuse, all the others parts will
be ready (even i think that this one make sense ...).

And what about GSOC ? I read some informations on the wiki pages but i found
nothing on http://code.google.com/soc/ ...

Lionel