List:       klik-devel
Subject:    Re: [klik-devel] klik-devel Digest, Vol 11, Issue 5
From:       Lionel Tricon <lionel.tricon () free ! fr>
Date:       2007-01-23 19:28:17

Le jeudi 28 décembre 2006 01:34, Jason Taylor a écrit  :
> First off Lionel, very nice !!

Hi,

It seems that i forgot to read this email which was lost deeply into my mail
box ...

> Does fakechroot have many dependencies, I havnt looked at fuse-iso but i
> know fuse-cmg had almost no dependencies (we need both iso and cmg btw)

Since then, i have added a static version of klik-fuse on  for those who are
interresting ...

http://klik.atekon.de/wiki/index.php/FUSE

> Lionel's version looks nice, need to find away to not have to have a script
> in the CMG though. NO scripts in the cmg would be the better option if
> possible. Else packages will become only compatible with clients (which
> could be an issue shortly with existing cmgs).

A solution will be to generate a fake wrapper script thanks to fuseiso build
with informations extracted from a configuration file located into the iso
image.

In fact, we only need the name of the application and to change some PATH ....

> Lastly Lionel, how can we handle security access to $HOME ?  A real concern
> is that a cmg could wipe $HOME... Plash dealt with this issue by overriding
> the GTK file chooser...

I was really busy last week but i think that i could work soon on a new
version of fuseiso which will be able to redirect read/write from $HOME into
an another directory or even an iso file if we can fuse-mount such a file (it
seems that mountlo is a good candidat even if i need to test it further).

> KillerKiwi

Lionel