List:       klik-devel
Subject:    Re: [klik-devel] The future direction of klik development
From:       lionel.tricon () free ! fr
Date:       2006-12-28 12:35:04

Selon Alexey Eremenko <al4321@gmail.com>:
> Lionel: So - how do you want to destribute the klik-client ?
> klik-client.rpm (?)

hem, for the moment, i think there a lot a thing to test (with more complicated
applications than kdissert and bluefish). It's still a work in progress and i
guess there are still annoying bugs in the source code.

and the choice between Plash and fuseiso+fakchroot is not over in my
understanding ...

but it's good to be enthousiast ! ;-)

> could you make an RPM that is targetting at LSB 3.1 ?
> I could try to test it versus 3 platforms: openSUSE 10.2, Mandriva
> 2007 and LSB itself.

i have only suse 10.0 and 10.1 installed for the moment and i never played with
lsb before so ...

> ahhhh... I forgot that LSB has no specifications for Kernel Modules and
> FUSE...

As the access use only the /dev/fuse file and the /usr/lib/libfuse.so.2, it's
not really a problem (we can use libfuse.a to avoid dynamic link with the .so
one).

> So - how to target multiple OSes with single rpm ? Just make it for SUSE ?
> well... then I will try to test versus 2 real OSes.

usually, it's one rpm == one target
but if all librairies are available, it should work.