List:       klik-devel
Subject:    Re: [klik-devel] fuseiso patch to provide an "union mounting"
From:       lionel.tricon () free ! fr
Date:       2006-12-21 8:43:22

Selon probono <probono@myrealbox.com>:
> I suppose you can't use X yet since you haven't implement sockets yet?
> Mark Seaborn, the author of plash, had to work around these too.
> Maybe you can find some information in the plash documentation.
>
> Best regards,
> Simon

In my knowledge of fuse, there is no such things ... You just have to implement
several systems call like getattr, read, write, open, ... etc ... and i my
situation, i use the real API behind.

I think it's mainly a security limitation of fuse because in that case you could
change right permission of a file device inside a fuse filesystem, and i think
that kind of stuf is forbidden.

I will continue to search if i can find a workaround.

But for the moment, if i use "mount --bind" to bind /tmp and /dev, that works
(it's usually the good manner to access /dev directory inside a chroot jail)
... and i don't to modify the fusermount utility.

In that kind of solution, since i need a special access (4750) to fusermount and
chroot, why not imagine a binary wrapper (dedicated to klik) whith 4750 right to
call the fusermount/chroot/mount utility without the need of changing the system
? This binary wrapper could be called from the wrapper shell script to mount and
unmount the iso/cram fs.

Lionel