List:       klik-devel
Subject:    Re: [klik-devel] new klik2 idea : application security framework
From:       "Alexey Eremenko" <al4321 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-05-18 14:13:09

On 5/18/06, probono <probono@myrealbox.com> wrote:
> Hi Alexey,
> this is a great idea - we have just to make sure that it works at
> least on Suse, Ubuntu, and Fedora... in the same way...
> Alternatively you could set up a "klik" user and run all klik'd apps
> there... since klik has no root rights it couldn't interfere with the
> rest of the system.

This will not work, because only *you* and *root* can use X session at
the same time.
Starting klik as other user from my user's KDE session will fail,
because X will be unavailable.

It will work if the klik user will have totally separate X/KDE
session, however this is inconvenient.

I think we can use AppArmor on SUSE for now - as an extra feature for
that distro.
That won't damage klik for other distros but will improve klik on
SUSE. As far as I know, There is no way to do this on other distros.

-Alexey.E. 18.05.2006.