List:       klik-devel
Subject:    [klik-devel] from Alexey about klik
From:       al4321 () gmail ! com (Alexey Eremenko)
Date:       2005-11-12 22:07:03

Hi all !

I would like to ask you few questions and tell a few notes:
1. I have provided a patch for klik CLI users, and it's still
non-implemented.

if [ -z "$DIALOG" ] ; then
# Determine which dialog to use in which situation:
# Xdialog (in all other cases)
DIALOG=Xdialog
# kdialog (in case there is no console available and we are running KDE)

pidof -x kdesktop >/dev/null && DIALOG=kdialog
# GNOME
pidof -x gnome-panel >/dev/null && DIALOG=zenity
# dialog (in case there is a console available)
GUIMODE=$(tty)
( echo $GUIMODE | grep /dev/tty[:digit:] >/dev/null ) && DIALOG=dialog

fi

if test "$DISPLAY" == ""; then
DIALOG=dialog
fi

Probono, plz add only the last 3 lines, and upload it to server, OK?
It is safe to implement those lines, because the $DISPLAY parameter if part
of X-Window System. Both XFree and XOrg.

2. Is there a way to skip *all* dialogs alltogether, something like "-force"
parameter ?
This will be good-to-have when launching a bash-scrpit to download many
kliks w/o
user intervention.

3. please change my email address to GMail at:
http://klik.atekon.de/docs/?page=Contributors

4. do we need kind of bugzilla, or a "bugs" wiki section ?
For now I think we still can work with emails, but *only* if you pay
attention to them.
As the number of klik users will grow we will need a better-than-emails bug
system.
Don't implement this now, but just think about it now, as it will save us
from trouble in future.

5. During this month, unfortunately, I will be non-active, but I promise you
to get active again in the next month (december).

Best wishes,

-Alexey. klik-team member. 12.nov.2005.