List:       kjsembed
Subject:    [kjsembed] KJSEmbed update
From:       Ian Reinhart Geiser <geiseri () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2005-08-22 15:27:39

Greetings,
 Sorry for the delay here, last week was very busy and I was offline for most
of the week due to a family emergency.  At any rate, I have the start of QDom
support in svn, and have added a new type of binding. Since QVariant is Qt
only and only handles Qt variant classes it had some problems with things
like QDom where there is inheritance, but everything is done by referenced
values.  I introduced a Scalar binding to get around this.  This will change
some next week when I get a chance to work with Rich.  My goal is to have
three layers to KJSEmbed now.  1) a non-Qt layer that will support Scalar and
Pointer based values, 2) a Qt layer that will support things like
QStringList, QList, QVariant and QObjects.  This layer will also get Qt
signal/slot support.  3) KDE Layer.  This layer will support DCOP, KParts,
KDOM2, KHTML and KIO.

The net result of this will be a KJSEmbed that will work crossplatform non-Qt,
as well as integrated tightly into KDE.   Because of this we will ship
KJSEmbed with three script runner tools.  jscmd, qjscmd, and kjscmd.  Each
will support more features than the prior.  In practice jscmd will probably
be not very useful, and will only be useful for embedding into non-Qt
applications.

At any rate I have the latest snapshots up at
http://www.sourcextreme.org/~geiseri/kjsembed-2005-08-22.tar.bz2 and have
worked out a way to get svn in a more flexable state.  I will update more on
this later after the meeting in Spain.

Cheers
 -ian reinhart geiser