List:       kjsembed
Subject:    [kjsembed] kjsev4 speed
From:       Ian Reinhart Geiser <geiseri () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2005-07-27 12:12:58

Greetings,
 One more update.  In KJSEmbed v4 on my 400Mhz powerbook it takes 4ms to init
KJSEmbed in applications and ~500ms for the app (QApplication being 490ms of
it).  As a point of reference KJSEmbed v3 takes around 2 seconds to
initialize on this same system.  In both of these cases init is from the
point where KJS is newed, the bindings are added and the file is ready to
execute.

 This is exciting stuff here because it will make doing plugins with kjsembed
much faster.  Now with some actual optimizations we should see some blazing
speed.

Cheers
 -ian reinhart geiser