List:       kjsembed
Subject:    Re: [kjsembed] v4 comment
From:       Ian Reinhart Geiser <geiseri () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2005-06-06 21:10:23

On Monday 06 June 2005 01:08 pm, Hihn, Jason wrote:
> I'd like to put it out there that I'd appreciate a more strict adherence
> to the Qt name spaces. I specifically mean Factory.LoadUI should remain
> QWidgetFactory.create(). And the same thing goes for all the other types
> that are shortened. I am not saying you have to take them out, but the
> originals should be available. This is something I have appreciated a
> lot when working in PyQt. There are only a handful of deviations, and
> those are usually due to over-riding the event loop (QDialog.exec() is
> QDialog.exec_loop(), so python created slots can run, if my
> understanding of the motivation is correct) Renaming things makes it
> harder because now you have to know Qt and KJS apis.

Im not sure how much of this makes sense, or is pertinate.  The goal here is
to mirror the Qt API as much as possible where it makes sense.  The only big
deviations are the UI files because I wanted to make them act more like C++.

Example:
KJS
var ui = new Form("uifile.ui", this);
connect( ui.button, "clicked()", this, "onClick()");

C++
QWidget form = new MyForm(this);
connect( form->button, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(onClick()));

Hope this clears things up.

cheers
	-ian reinhart geiseri