List:       kjsembed
Subject:    [kjsembed] QWidgets in kjse4
From:       Ian Reinhart Geiser <geiseri () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2005-06-01 4:44:23

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Greetings,
	Since the trolls have pretty much removed all support for loading
custom widgets at runtime, as well as even getting a list of widgets
available our automagical bindings for QWidgets that we had in Qt3 is
now gone. I figured out how to create widgets, layouts and actions,
but you cannot get a list of all available types.  Basicly you have
to hope.  Also since all the methods we would possibly use to get
this done are protected, or abstract virtual methods, we will not see
a fix until Qt 5.

	To get around this I have a solution, but I am wanting some feedback
from the audience here.  I like the MS way of exposing ActiveX to
javascript via a container object:
	var ax = new AxObject("MyControl", args);
I am currently doing the same thing with the Qt form loading now:
	var form = new Form("myuifile.ui", this);
The "form" variable now is the QWidget returned by the form.  This can
further be extended imho to QWidgets, QLayouts and QActions.
	var button = new Widget("QPushButton", "Push Me", this);
	var layout = new Layout("QFlowLayout", this );
This could then be further extended to KParts and other plugins as
follows:
	var khtml = new RoPart("KHTML", this );

	The big problem I see with this though is that we depart from how we
do the other bindings.  Now this may not really be an issue, since if
someone wishes to make a more complete QTabWidget binding they can,
and then they can just new a QTabWidget binding from the script.
This may in fact be a blessing in disguise since it will leave a very
definite line between automaticly bound objects and explicitly bound
objects...

Opinions?

Cheers
	-ian reinhart geiser

--
--:Ian Reinhart Geiser <geiseri@yahoo.com>
--:Be an optimist -- at least until they start moving animals in