List:       kjsembed
Subject:    Re: [kjsembed] Qt Only version
From:       Richard Moore <rich () xmelegance ! org>
Date:       2004-05-03 21:34:31

On Monday 03 May 2004 19:10, Hihn, Jason wrote:
> I know you've been working on a Qt-only port at my request. How is that
> coming?

Well, in short - it works. I haven't written a demo app for it yet, but the
code now compiles cleanly without KDE.

> Can I get a [weekly] snapshot?

The code is all in the standard CVS tree, but you can find a copy of my
qt-only tree (including a kdevelop project file) at
http://xmelegance.org/devel/qjsembed.tar.bz2

Note that the difference in the directory structure is just because I couldn't
figure out how to get kdevelop to do things properly with the normal one.

> I've also asked my company for permission to contribute to the project,
> so that I don't have to keep bugging you all! Once I hear back from them
> I can go about fixing this. I told them it was holding my work up so
> we'll see. There's just a potential IP agreement issue. I think it'll be
> resolved favorably though we seem pretty reasonable around here. After
> all they did approve my offer of doing an article on KJSE/Qt w.r.t.
> Advantages in an embedded environment.

There shouldn't be any licensing issue as the code LGPL not GPL, but I'm happy
to an explicit qt-linking exception if that makes things easier.  Any help
that you can give would be most welcome, let me know if you get permission.

Cheers

Rich.