List:       kismet-wireless
Subject:    [KISMET] configure question
From:       fdsa fdsa <jklfdsalkj () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2003-01-22 16:12:42

I'm trying to run kismet for the first time.  I've
configured kismet_ui.conf and kismet.conf as much as I
think is necessary.

I'm running red hat 8.0 and using an orinoco 802.11b
gold card from Agere systems.

When I run kismet_monitor, it error's out with
"Invalid command: monitor".  Here's my output:

  [root@en kismet-2.8.0b]# kismet_monitor
  Using /usr/local/etc/kismet.conf sources...
  Enabling monitor mode for an orinoco card on eth2
channel 6
  Invalid command : monitor

Any ideas what's wrong and how to fix it?

I don't see anything relevent in the FAQ.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Cheers.
-ian