List:       kismet-wireless
Subject:    2.8.0 on stock Zaurus
From:       Florian Echtler <echtler () fs ! tum ! de>
Date:       2002-12-29 15:05:29

Hi everyone, downloaded and installed 2.8.0 today. After some
tweaking, I found out that the correct line in the config file
should read

source=prism2_legacy,eth0,Kismet

(remember, this is for a stock Zaurus 5500G with ROM 2.38G and
a Prism2 CF card).

However, I noticed another problem: with the supplied
kismet_client, I don't see any data. When I start kismet_server
on the console and the kismet-qt GUI afterwards, I see the
discovery data coming up on the console (not in the GUI, but
that was to be expected).

Any hints?

Yours, Florian

P.S. One unrelated question just crossed my mind: CF->PCMCIA
adapters are totally dumb and basically just change the
connector type. Wouldn't it be possible then to build a
adapter which works the other way round, so you can attach
PCMCIA cards to a CF slot?
--
Florian Echtler - echtler@fs.tum.de - www.matrixindustries.de
  TU Muenchen   -   Fachschaft MPI  - Druck & Computerreferat