List:       kismet-wireless
Subject:    RE: [KISMET] converting raw .dump files (rfmon) to standard ether
From:       "James J. Perry" <jjperry () water ! com>
Date:       2002-11-15 20:55:39

I know that I was reading "Building Open Source Network Security Tools" that
has a section on libpcap.  It has a specific type for 802.11 packets.  It
seems to me that it would not be all that hard to modify the tcpdump program
included in the latest safe libpcap distribution (there was a trojan found
in some of the latest libpcap distributions, story at
http://www.hlug.org/trojan/ .) All that should be required is to change the
packet header type specified to tcpdump or write a quick program to read in
the file.

My coding skills are not that good, but I would expect it would not be that
hard.

    -Jim