List:       kismet-wireless
Subject:    Channel numbering
From:       sjb <ottaky () ottaky ! com>
Date:       2002-10-26 21:25:15

Hi everyone ..

.. I'm running Kismet 2.6.2 (2.4.6 previous to that).

When I run Kismet on a machine in my home, it picks up all the stations
as I'd expect, except that it lists them all as running on channel 05
whereas they are, in fact, all running on channel 6.

I'm using a Xircom CWE1120 card (North American spec, if it makes a
difference) .. the other machines also use the same card.

Is this a known problem?

sjb

p.s. When I first upgraded to 2.6.2 I'm *sure* the first run I did said
channel 6 (correctly) and I assumed 2.6.2 contained a bugfix. However, I
tried again yesterday and it's now saying 05 again.