List:       kismet-wireless
Subject:    Monitor mode w/ Orinoco firmware v8.10
From:       snax <snax () shmoo ! com>
Date:       2002-09-25 19:13:07

Thanks to the efforts of Ian Goldberg and Pat Swieskowski, it appears
that monitor mode is possible with 8.10 firmware.  It took a three line
addition to the orinoco patch to fix the problem, and works by resetting
the card each time the channel is changed.  It seems to be working fine
for me for thousands of packets and has worked for a couple of iBook
users using Airport cards as well.  Get the pcmcia-cs-3.2.1 patch from
<http://airsnort.shmoo.com/orinocoinfo.html>  The same patch should work
with 3.2.0 as well, but I have not updated any of the previous patches.

Feedback is welcome.

Snax