List:       kismet-wireless
Subject:    Re: [KISMET] Cracking WEP in the wild
From:       Stuffed Crust <pizza () shaftnet ! org>
Date:       2002-07-30 23:26:44

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 02:42:12PM -0400, Mike Kershaw wrote:
> yes - this is what I was saying when I mentioned that some firmware versions
> avoid generating weak packets.  Cisco, and new orinoco if I recall, probably
> others.

Secondary firmware 1.4.9 for prism2/2.5/3 boards will avoid at least one
class of known weak WEP keys, as will HostAP's wep implementation.

Oh, and so will linux-wlan-ng's new host-wep implementation.

Of course, the access point is another matter entirely..

 - Pizza
--
Solomon Peachy                                   pizza@f*cktheusers.org
I'm not broke, but I'm badly bent.                         ICQ #1318344