List:       kismet-wireless
Subject:    Getting closer...
From:       "Kurt Brust" <emailme () Kurtbrust ! com>
Date:       2002-07-30 14:29:37

Okay ... I was able to have someone instert the wireless card for me... =
this is the error I get after I run kismet

[root@lap1 etc]# kismet
Server options:  none
Client options:  none
Starting server...
Using pcap to capture packets from eth1
FATAL: pcap reported netlink type 1 (EN10MB) for eth1.  This probably =
means you're not in RFMON mode or your cards drivers are reporting a bad =
value.
Starting UI...
NOTICE:  Group file did not exist, it will be created.
FATAL:  Could not connect to localhost:2501.
/usr/local/bin/kismet: kill: (18311) - No such process
Terminating...
Done.  Run kismet_unmonitor or eject and re-insert your card (or restart =
your
 pcmcia services) to return your card to normal operation.

Any ideas????

thanks again!