List:       kismet-wireless
Subject:    Re: [KISMET] Practical uses for the xml files
From:       Mike Kershaw <dragorn () nerv-un ! net>
Date:       2002-05-30 5:07:44

once I get GPS data into XML format, I forsee things like:

Statistics per channel - what one is used?
Statistics per manufacturer - average range, etc
More mapping stuff - channel, wep shading, etc.
Proximity searching - find all known AP's w/in X feet of point x,y

Tons of other statistical information can be gathered too.

XML is nice because it's easily machine parseable (expat, for example,
also php and perl have xml modules) and easily validated (all the kismet
data has full dtd's it can be validated against).

Right now kismet comes w/ nothing to take advantage of the xml data, but
gpsmap will soon.

Hope that gives you some ideas...

-m

--
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum
immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all your money, or I will fling an enormous
rock at your head