List:       kismet-wireless
Subject:    APM/Laptop use
From:       Porkchop <porkchop () nic ! com>
Date:       2002-05-29 14:30:05

As well -- wouldent writing out be counterproductive?
Keeping the drive spinning (of course) keeps the battery draining
quicker...getting less data.
You could use the car to power the latop as well. I woulden't worry
about draining the battery. With the screen off and the drive not
spinning, even my old PowerBook 1400 drew less than 5 watts at 14
volts.
Today's power inverters would cut off if the battery drained too far anyhow.
Pkcp

--
--------
    My mis-spelling ability knows no bounds, sorry. (umm, yaa, aie cn spel)