List:       kismet-wireless
Subject:    Another security update - get this!
From:       Mike Kershaw <dragorn () nerv-un ! net>
Date:       2002-05-28 16:15:41

Sorry everyone, KF found another bug, and this one has the potential to be a
lot nastier - remote command execution via SSID manipulation.

Everyone using Festival speech should upgrade IMMEDIATELY, and so should
everyone else just to be safe.

The new source, diffs, and ipaq/zaurus packages are all on the site.

Additionally, the Zaurus package now includes the default zaurus configs -
this should eliminate some of the confusion about configuring it for the Z,
and the Ipaq package is compiled on the skiff so it shouldn't have any library
issues.  The ipaq binary has pcap built in.

Hopefully this is the last of the security advisories for now.

-m

--
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum
immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all your money, or I will fling an enormous
rock at your head