List:       kismet-wireless
Subject:    A new gps
From:       "Trevor Engelberts" <Trevor () HFXIPT ! ca>
Date:       2002-05-28 15:40:59

Hey everyone!
	great job on kismet, works excellent. Right now I am using a
ipaq 3850 with a Cisco aironet 350 and kismet 2.2 and I was looking at
getting a good gps unit(up to 600$). Probably either cf or PCMCIA. Does
anyone have a similar setup?  If so what are some good gps cards to get.
how well does the GPS software work on familiar (5.2)? Does kismet ( or
gpsdrive) talk to NMEA-0183(v2.20).  I have never used a pc based gps on
either windows or Linux so I know nothing! I have been subscribed to
this list for a while now and hear most people talk about having to use
a serial cable, I presume this is for handheld gps's not PCMCIA or cf
based ones, do the cards operated the same way(through a serial
interface) I notice on some of the cards that the antenna is quite
large,  can a gps with a large antenna and a Cisco card fit in the
PCMCIA slots at the same time?

Any help/comments are greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Trevor Engelberts