List:       kismet-wireless
Subject:    which card is best?
From:       "Bill Homan" <bhoman () transart ! com>
Date:       2002-04-29 22:55:02

While we're in the business of buying and selling ...

Can anyone recommend a reasonable but fully Kismet-ready CF card?

I understand that Prism2 cards with WLAN support will work, but I want to
know what specific cards you recommend.

- I want to be able to watch air packets while doing development work with
various cards.
- I'd like to be able to use the same card in a Redhat laptop, an
iPAQ/Familiar, and a Zaurus (assuming a driver is available).
- I'd pay more for a card that supports more features useful to Kismet.

I already have a couple of Spectrum cards working in the laptop and iPAQ,
but I understand they won't work with Kismet because they do not expose the
Monitor mode in the firmware.

Bill Homan
bhoman@transart.com