List:       kinosearch
Subject:    Re: [KinoSearch] KinoSearch incremental updates
From:       Marvin Humphrey <marvin () rectangular ! com>
Date:       2008-06-12 17:14:58

On Jun 11, 2008, at 10:19 PM, David P.C. Wollmann wrote:

> KinoSearch version 0.20_05

> The documentation suggests that &KinoSearch::InvIndexer::new takes a
> create param

> causes the exception:
>
> Error in function build_args_hash at ../c_src/xs/XSBind.c:50:
> Invalid parameter: 'create'

The 'create' parameter to InvIndexer's constructor has been removed in
0.20_xx, and because KinoSearch validates all parameters, you get an
exception rather than silent failure, exactly as intended.

> Are incremental index updates supported in general, and in my
> particular version?

Yes, they're supported in both the stable branch (0.1x) and the dev
branch (0.20_xx), but the API has changed.  In the dev branch, you do
something like this if you want to update an index...

   my $invindexer = KinoSearch::InvIndexer->new(
      invindex => MySchema->open('/path/to/invindex'),
   );

... as opposed to this, which starts fresh:

   my $invindexer = KinoSearch::InvIndexer->new(
      invindex => MySchema->clobber('/path/to/invindex'),
   );

See <http://www.rectangular.com/kinosearch/docs/devel/KinoSearch/InvIndexer.html
 >.

Marvin Humphrey