List:       kinosearch
Subject:    [KinoSearch] Segfault with KinoSearch SVN
From:       marvin () rectangular ! com (Marvin Humphrey)
Date:       2007-07-10 7:15:01

On Jul 10, 2007, at 2:44 AM, Edward Betts wrote:

> On 10/07/07, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:
>> I suggest you try rebuilding KS from scratch, then run it again --
>> try "./Build distclean", then the usual "perl Build.PL", etc.
>
> Sorry for the false report. I rebuilt as you suggested and the
> segfault went away.

It's not really a false report.  You ran into a bug in the KS build
regime.  Build.PL doesn't track dependencies for C header files.  If
a struct changes in one, it doesn't know to rebuild all the files
that #include it.

I've opened an RT issue.  Thanks for speaking up.

Marvin Humphrey
Rectangular Research
http://www.rectangular.com/