List:       kinosearch
Subject:    [KinoSearch] KSx-IndexManager 0.001
From:       hdp () pobox ! com (Hans Dieter Pearcey)
Date:       2007-07-03 5:47:39

On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 01:07:05AM -0700, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
> >  for my $user (@users) {
> >    $mgr->context($user);
> >    $mgr->append([ $user->get_new_docs ]); # adds to /index/<ID>
> >  }
>
> One issue with this architecture is that each InvIndexer consumes a
> fair amount of memory.

When using ->write and ->append, invindexers aren't cached (except during that
particular call).  It automatically calls ->finish and then the invindexer
falls out of scope.

Originally I had intended that write and append could figure out per-document
which invindex that document was intended for.  It ended up being too twisty
inside, though, so I settled for the explicit context-setting.

hdp.