List:       kgraphviewer-devel
Subject:    kgraphviewer and QML ?
From:       kleag () free ! fr
Date:       2017-09-14 8:10:39

Hi,

I'm working on a new GUI for the linguistic analyzer of my lab:
https://github.com/aymara/lima/tree/master/lima_gui

The interface is currently purely QML based with text based displays. A standard way \
at looking results is through graphs like the one attached. In fact, I started \
kgraphviewer (kgv) to visualize these graphs…

So, I thinked about integrating the kgraphviewer kpart in the GUI and then discovered \
that it is not quite possible. Or at least complex and inefficient.

I'd like to get your advice on what would be the right solution. I thinked at several \
                possibilities:
- use the graphivz lib API to generate an image and show the image in the UI;
- use the kgv API to load the graph without dispalying it in the widget and export it \
                to an image like above;
- use the kgv API to load the graph and reimplement in QML the kgv canvas elements \
(based on QAbstractGraphicsShapeItem).

The latter seems to be the best but also complicated with the current QML API.

What do you think ? Does one of these solutions seems reasonable ? Other ideas ?

Thanks for your attention ?

Regards,

Gaël

["graph.png" (image/png)]