List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: how to detect mime setting from javascript?
From:       Ilya Konstantinov <kfm-devel () future ! galanet ! net>
Date:       2001-09-07 12:04:18

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 03:01:56PM -0700, derek wrote:
> Is there an alternative way in konqueror to do that? I myself will love to
> see the old netscape way working in konqueror so that I don't have to support
> yet another browser.
> best
> Derek

Konqueror supports the MimeType and Plugin objects perfectly, but only
for Netscape plugins. The KDE file associations are not exposed, and I
think exposing them is a privacy violation issue (i.e. nobody should
know what programs I have installed).

For example:
<script language="JavaScript">
for (i=0; i < navigator.mimeTypes.length; i++)
        document.writeln(navigator.mimeTypes[i].type + "<br>");
</script>