List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: REQUEST: Fix for login problems to web accounts (services)
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-08-28 9:25:49

On Dimanche 26 Août 2001 20:17, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an important request for those of you that have been experiencing problems logging
> into any web based services such as your bank or email accounts.  If you are using the HEAD
> branch, simply update compile bla bla :) and try to login into these problematic sites.  For those
> of you still on the 2_2_BRANCH, use the patch attached below.
>
> I have discovered broken implementations of the cookie specification that we did not correctly
> deal with in our cookiejar which I suspect is the cause for most of the "I cannot login into..."
> bug reports we have gotten.  Anyways, I am now able to login to sites such as mail.lycos.com
> and most of all I can access my account at Citibank which I have never been able to do before!
> So all of you that have had problems with logging into your banks, email accounts and any such
> web services, please test these fixes and let me know if it works for you so that I can commit
> the fixes to the 2_2_BRANCH as well.

I think those change break "always accept cookies for a particular domain".
I keep being asked for cookies for the same domain even after telling it to accept
all cookies from the domain.
Looking at my kcookiejarrc, I suspect that the hostname is saved instead of the
domainname. I see an entry saying
www.pilot.sainsburystoyou.com:Accept
and that's a hostname, not a domainname.

http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/