List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: 2D Navagation - Custom Key Events for Web Browsing
From:       Tobias Anton <TA () ESC-Electronics ! de>
Date:       2001-08-27 11:18:45

On Monday 27 August 2001 07:13, michael chrabaszcz wrote:
> <DIV></DIV>
> <DIV></DIV>
> <DIV></DIV>
> <P>To clarify my previous message, as Wolfgang stated, I wish to change the
> operation of the arrow keys.&nbsp; Instead of using them for scrolling, I
> would like them to select the next "up", "down", "left" or "right"&nbsp;
> hot spot.&nbsp; Any suggestions?</P> <P>Best Regards, </P>
> Explorer at <a
> href='http://go.msn.com/bql/hmtag_itl_EN.asp'>http://explorer.msn.com</a><b
>r></html>

You could just leave the scrolling functions as they are, extending them so
that after scrolling you try to find a selectable element that's in the qrect
that was exposed by the last scroll action. It should be easy to compute that
rect and compare it to the rectangle of each selectable element in the DOM
tree. If so, you could simply give it the focus.

The tricky question is what should happen if there are multiple elements that
match. Do you have a concept that takes care of that issue?

Cheers,
Tobias