List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH : onkeyup and onkeydown support
From:       Tobias Anton <TA () ESC-Electronics ! de>
Date:       2001-08-25 13:54:04

On Friday 24 August 2001 19:00, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Fre, 24 Aug 2001, Tobias Anton wrote:
> > Personally, i'd say let's do that - after all onkeydown/onkeyup is widely
> > used.
>
> is it ?
It is. E.g. sms services provide textfields to enter the message text. They
all have an additional field showing the amount of characters left, which
must be updated on every keypress/release.

I bet there are more examples like that.

> > Any other opinions?
>
> if it would be a total showstopper on a realworld webpage, otherwise its
> not worth the discussion. but as far as I know these eventhandlers are very
> rarely used, mainly because they do not exist in netscape IIRC.
Netscape 4.x is no longer considered a contemporary browser for most web
designers.

Cheers,
Tobias